If you follow my blog at all, you know I don't post much about myself. Hardly at all, in fact, except for posts about my books. In an attempt to be more active on my blog, I'm starting High Five Fridays. I'm not sure what it will look like yet, or even if I'll be able to post every Friday; but the goal is to post some fun stuff about myself as I look back on the week in effort to allow readers to get to know me, and for me to get to know my readers.
For my first ever High Five Friday, I'm sharing some of my 2020 goals. Not resolutions. But goals that I actively want to work towards.
This is a page from my 2020 Always Fully Booked planner from Little Inklings Design. It acts as both a day planner and reading journal, and also includes this nifty page to set your 2020 goals. So, without further ado, here are a few of mine.
- Read 100 books. Pretty self-explanatory.
- Don't eat your emotions. This is something I tend to do when I'm stressed or sad, and also ties in to...
- You lost the weight. Yay! Now keep it off. Between July and December 2019 I lost almost 20 pounds that desperately needed to go. I was at a weight that I'd never been at in my life, I felt clunky, I didn't like the way I looked in pictures, and my clothes no longer fit. I know how hard it is to lose the weight, so I'm determined to maintain this new healthy weight by eating right and exercising.
- GRL 2020. I had an absolute blast at GRL 2019 in Albuquerque this past October, and I'm hoping I get to attend again this year when it's held in St. Louis.
- Publish four books. This is a stretch goal for me but I've already got some good momentum going, so I think I can do it. More on what's coming up in 2020 on next week's High Five Friday.
- Learn hand lettering. This is something I meant to do in 2019. Life got away from me, however. Now that I've written it down, in both my planner and on this blog post, I hope it'll help me stick to this goal. I expect you all to hold me accountable!
Two empty spots remain on my 2020 Goals page. As I'm sure you know, plans change, people grow, and life happens. I like to leave myself room to see where life takes me, so I've left them blank for now, to be filled in as the year progresses.
What are some of you 2020 goals?